Residence registration Ukraine, Kharkov, Kiev.
Residence registration in Ukraine is compulsory both for Ukrainians and foreigners. Residing without registrtaion is an administrative oence and causes legal responsibility in a form of a ne (from UAH 510, depending upon a time of living without registrtaion). We suggest legal support during submitting documents for registration and assist with
address search (if you have no address to be registered at).
What is residence registration?
Residence registration is an instrument of state control over the migration processes in Ukraine. This institute dates back to
Russian empire and the Soviet Union. After obtaining Ukraine independence, the residence registration mechanism has
changed signicantly. Now, it is not a method of control and became a registration system that works only to protect the
interests of citizens.
Currently, residence registration is needed for receiving ocial correspondence. Now the state does not control the number of
people registered in one apartment, sanitary norms or proprietary status of citizens. Each person choses its residence place
independently and only then inform the state.
Timing and results of residence registration
Registration is compulsory. Under the law, after you have cancelled residence registration at your former address, or come to
Ukraine for permanent or temporary residence, you have thirty days to register your residence place. Staying in Ukraine
without residence registration causes legal responsibility in a form of a ne. A special stamp in your residence permit is a
conrmation of a proper residence registration. Any data regarding your place of residence is considered personal information;
only you, your homeowner and public ocer that registered your residence place.
Call us by phones: +38097-684-9006 (Viber, WhatsApp), +38093-684-9006, +38066-684-9006
How to make residence registration in Kharkiv (Kharkov)?
To register residence in Kharkov one must apply to the Center of administrative services providing of the district you are going to be registered in, and ll in an application. An example may be found at the very Center. The following documents are to be
submitted as well:
Passport (for foreigners – temporary or permanent residence permit);
Birth certicate (for minors);
Bank receipt of paying state fee;
Documents conrming real estate ownership.
So basically you don’t need to have a registered place of residence in Ukraine if:
- You visit and stay in Ukraine with visa or without one during terms stipulated by visa or law regulating visa-free regime visits;
- You are going to start a business in Ukraine by registering an appropriate company formation, and you do not intend to become a director of such company;
- You have the desire to register a marriage in Ukraine, proceed with a divorce, receive birth or death certificate, join the inheritance process in Ukraine;
- You want to receive Ukrainian taxpayer id number.
It’s not a random list of cases, as those are, according to what we noticed, the most popular misleads used by “specialists” in Ukraine to upsell additional Propiska services.
Again, if you are going to start Ukrainian citizenship, temporary or permanent residence in Ukraine process then in 100% cases you are going to face legal requirement to have a registered place of residence in Ukraine.
Before 2018 registered address in Ukraine used to be in the form of a special stamp in Ukrainian internal passport, Ukrainian permanent or temporary residence permit which contained full address and information about State migration service unit responsible for stamping of the document. Starting from 2018 production of passports and residence permits in the form of plastic ID cards is established and called upon to replace paper form documents in Ukraine. So now the information about the registered address in Ukraine is going to be stored in electronic chips and additional papers provided with a plastic document.
Only residential property (houses, apartments, dormitories) can be used as a registered address. In order to proceed with address registration, it is required to have corresponding permission given by owner/owners (their representatives) of the property. So if you don’t have any residential property on the territory of Ukraine you are going to need assistance of those people who does: in case you plan to be registered in student hostel you need to ask your school to provide such permission or in case you wish to be registered in some private apartment you need to get permission of all owners of such apartment.
At this moment, the registration of an address in Ukraine is carried on by special departments of Ukrainian state executive authorities in each regional city and its districts, regional centers and districts of Ukraine. Above mentioned special departments are also known as Centers for providing administrative services (CNAP). Before 2016 State Migration service of Ukraine was responsible for address registration, but after changes to the procedure, CNAPs took that responsibility what caused a very positive effect on time expenses required to perform address registration: 1 hour at CNAP against up to 7 working days at Migration service unit.
So how does the choice of your registered address can influence your day-to-day life in Ukraine:
- your registered address defines Ukrainian State migration service unit you may apply for various documents arising from your foreign status;
- your registered address will be used by state and municipal authorities to send your correspondence and important notices;
- court and police summons in Ukraine will be sent to your registered address;
- your registered address will be taken into consideration when you apply for medical assistance at Ukrainian general practice hospitals;
- other cases.
These and many other factors may influence ones intention to choose some place as a registered address in Ukraine. Although “chaining” of a person to a specific address is some kind of past relic, it is still applied in many countries including Ukraine. In case you plan a long term staying in Ukraine, we strongly recommend you to get to know with the laws regulating address registration of foreigners in Ukraine, as failure to follow this kind of rule by foreigners and stateless persons is considered to be a violation of Ukrainian immigration laws leading to fines and potential bans to visit Ukraine in future.
Questions about registration address in Ukraine
– Where should I apply to register an address residence?
For registration of residence should check registration bodies that located in your city – currently in most bigest cities of Ukraine there are new centres of administrative services.
– Do I need to change address residence in case of short trips to other regions?
The place of residence law means the address where the person lives more than six months a year. That why, if someone leaves the house for a month, two or more, but then comes back, he does not need to register anywhere.
– What documents are required in order to issue the registration?
As before, the applicant must submit:
- The document, which proves information about the place of residence. This may be a passport of citizen of Ukraine, a temporary residence permit of Ukraine, permanent residence permit, refugee certificate, identity card that needs extra protection etc.
- If the child is registered under the age of 16, he filed a birth certificate;
- Receipt of payment of administrative fee (registration, cancellation of registration of residence paid administrative fee):
- Documents proving the individual’s right to stay in this room. It can be documents of ownership, the court of the right to use the property, lease or other documents. If no such documents, registration can be done only with the consent of the owner of housing (if the owners of several – with the consent of all owners);
- Military ID or certificate of origin (for citizens to be taking on the military registration or are on military registration).
In addition, the registration of the individual should write an application in the prescribed form the Cabinet.
– How much time is given to an individual who came to a new location in order to register?
Under the law, an individual who canceled registration in one place is given thirty calendar days in which to register in another. This new rule. It used to be – 10 days.
– What responsibility stipulated for violation of the term?
For this cas an administrative protocol will be put on individual.
Previously in this case imposed a fine of 17 to 51 Hryvnias. Under the new order of individuals who violated the registration period for the first time, threatening warning. If the offense is repeated at the next change of residence within a year, then are fine.
– How long does the process of de-registration and registration in the new place?
As before, it is possible to register with the one time removal of the prior registration address. Sometime it can take up to three days to register new addreess registration for individual in Ukraine.
If you have any additional quetions you can ask them to our respective specialist from Kharkiv city, by the way, if you located in Kharkiv you can get assistance from him.