What is Business Law?
Business law is sometimes called mercantile law or commercial law and refers to the laws that govern the dealings between people and commercial matters. There are two distinct areas of business law; regulation of commercial entities through laws of partnership, company, bankruptcy, and agency and the second is regulation of the commercial transactions through the laws of contract. The history of these types of laws dates back several centuries and can be seen in the peace-guilds where members would pledge to stand by each other for protection. A lot of business law involves trying to prevent problems that can hurt the business or cause legal disputes.
We are able to provide our clients with advice and assistance to standards of competence and responsiveness consistent with those of the large business law firms, while at the same time ensuring a great personal involvement in the matters they place in our hands.
Key services to international clients
- Ukrainian market entry, including the selection of the proper legal form for the new Ukraine business and the subsequent formation and registration,
- Business immigration, including visas for persons starting a business in Ukraine,
- Ukrainian Customs Law,
- Performing legal and tax due diligences for international investors interested in acquiring or merging with Ukrainian target companies,
- Sales of Ukrainian subsidiaries (asset deals and share deals),
- Compliance with Ukrainian tax and financial laws,
- Compliance with relevant Ukrainian capital market rules, which are set by various Ukrainian law and the financial supervisory authorities,
- Buying and selling Ukrainian and international real estate,
- Negotiating and drafting transactional documents, including business agreements and contracts,
- Representing our clients’ interests in negotiations with suppliers, employees, governmental agencies and competitors,
- Compliance with Ukrainian labor and employment law,
- Licensing and sublicensing copyrights and trademarks,
- Protecting IP (intellectual property) and shareholder rights,
- Marketing and subpublishing products in Ukraine, as well as developing distribution solutions (franchising, sales and commission agents, authorized dealers, e-commerce, etc.),
- Reviewing and revising business websites to ensure compliance with Ukrainian media and internet law,
- Arbitration, litigation and representation before all Ukrainian courts.
Keywords: Business lawyer, court, attorney, legal, litigation, solicitor, law, prosecutor, statutory, common law, barrister, counsel, family law, lawsuit, civil law, free legal advice, law firm, law dictionary, international law, legal advice, law firms, case law.